The latest RDC version for Windows Server 2003 x64 is 5.2, so you may have this problem.
A hotfix is available for Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 to fix a drawing failure after you apply the security update 958470 (MS09-044) on a computer that is running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Server 2003 SP2
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- You apply the security update 958469 (MS09-044) on the computer.
- You use Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 to connect to a terminal server.
- You view a Web page in the terminal session.
- You scroll up and down in the browser.
In this scenario, gridlines are visible in the terminal session window.
- This issue may occur regardless of the operating system that is installed on the terminal server.
- This issue is more likely to occur when the terminal session window is open but not maximized.
- When this issue occurs, you can temporarily resolve the issue by maximizing the terminal session window.
- This issue does not occur if you use RDC 6.0.