I used to use a program called dCut in Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) to cut segments from DVR-MS files, and then use DVRMSToolbox to convert DVR-MS files into MPG or WMV format. But dCut doesn’t work in Vista Media Center. Besides, dCut cannot combine several segments into one file. ( I usaually dig out hidden DVR-MS files from Recorded TV\TempSBE while I see some interesting advertisement. Unfortunately sometimes the ad is splitted into two files. )
ET Cut is a program runs in Vista Media Center which can combine any amount of segments from any amount of DVR-MS files into a new file.
Installation and Uninstallation:
- Right click on the Setup.exe and choose "Run as administrator".
- Online Media -> Program Library -> ET Cut
- After a video ends or changing video, the program hangs several seconds.
- Ugly UI.
- On some computers, the UI doesn’t show.
- CHG: Directory browsing UI improvement.
- CHG: Program architecture refinement.
- NEW: Customizable source/destination directory.
To generate output asynchronously. So you can do something else while the program is generating the output.